Business Analyst -
A business analyst with finance/accounting experience in the areas of financial control and/or balance sheet reporting to perform business analysis activities in support of execution and testing of project deliverables.
Business description (group overview):
The group delivers automation and process re-engineering projects. These projects allow the firm to report P&L and balance sheet consistently across the globe, mitigate and better manage the risks, improve financial controls, automate regulatory and management reporting, and perform transactional processing and ledger posting. In addition, these projects impact significant firm business and architecture initiatives such as security referential and pricing referential realignment, and revamp of the settlement and clearing platforms.
An analyst with experience in product control and/or balance sheet reporting functions. The candidate should possess system implementation and/or finance/accounting experience. The analyst will be responsible for business analysis and testing, in support of critical planning and execution of project deliverables. Activities may include communication and planning, process modeling, data analysis, business and functional requirements documentation, test specification, data mapping, data reconciliation, planning, coordination and execution.
Key Responsibilities/ Day to Day Activities may include:
- Provide analysis and interpretation of UAT results.
- Reconcile trades, balances and positions from different sources.
- Work with users to identify requirements and be responsible for Business Requirement Documents (BRD's), using use cases, workflow, screen mock-ups, and spreadsheet models.
- Analyze current business and system processes for potential areas of improvement.
- Perform data analysis on securities and transactions to identify the root cause and the resolution of the issues.
- Coordinate with business and technology partners to get feedback and sign off's.
- Complete or facilitate functional requirements process with technology partners.
- Write or contribute to test scenarios and drive UAT planning and implementation.
- Develop or contribute to cost analysis, design considerations, and implementation timelines.
Experience (years, type, nature of work, specialized knowledge and technical skills):
- 2-6 years experience in business analysis, financial reporting, system integration, business transformation, project management preferred.
- Some knowledge of Fixed Income, Equities, Derivatives Instruments; and some knowledge in accounting and financial calculations, such as P&L, dividends, coupons, accretion.
- Financial control and/or product control experience is a plus.
- Be able to manage project milestones and risks.
- Understand general ledger posting.
- Experience in business process reengineering and software development life cycle is a plus
- Experience in system analysis and writing business and functional specifications is a plus.
- Strong data analysis, data mapping and reconciliation skills.
Qualifications (educational background, licenses, professional knowledge) & Skills (soft skills):
- Good communications including the ability to compile and contribute to management level presentations.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving skills
- Understand the trade offs and the limitations of technology.
- Agent of change.
- Be able to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
- Bachelor's Degree; advanced professional qualifications are considered a plus.
Please see our complete list of jobs at: